Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My First Paper Cake


My niece, Jennifer, was having a Halloween themed bridal shower for her best friend.  I've always wanted to make a paper cake, so this was the perfect opportunity.  I had some extra spiders that I thought would be perfect crawling over the cake.


The stand was made using a charger and simple candlestick holder that I bought at Michaels.  


I used my Cricut to cut out two different size cake boxes.  The paper roses where made using the My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses Die-Namics.  The leaves where also cut with the my Cricut.  The little skulls where from a necklace that I also picked up at Michaels.  I just cut the necklace apart and then glued the little skulls on top.  Then I added a white doily to the top, so that the spider could stand on top of the cake.  


I added a few extra spiders to crawl up the sides of the cake for a spooky effect.  Each piece of cake is filled with candy, my favorite part of the cake!


Supplies:
Paper:  Recollections, Bazzill
Misc:  Cricut, My Favorite Things Mini Rolled Roses Die-Namics, beaded spiders, mini skulls, white doily, charger, candlestick, candy

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment